January 1, 2014
There. I got the date on the page. Finally, the New Year. 2013 was rough for me. I won’t go into details, but I will say I learned a lot and that hopefully I am a wiser and better person as a result of those circumstances that were difficult for me. I am also grateful for those that stuck by me when that was something that was not so easy to do.
So I’d like to share my top five reasons why, in spite of a year that pretty much sucked for me, I feel so fortunate:
- “You can’t always get what you, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need”—Mick Jagger. I got what I needed.
- I ran through the jungle and I took John Fogarty’s advice and didn’t look back.
- I got some pleasant surprises. One was from some new family members who showed up at my home this past Thanksgiving to share the holiday. I didn’t know they were coming. And after all these years I finally learned why the horses whinnied whenever the name Frau Blücher was mentioned in the Mel Brooks movie Young Frankenstein.
- I was part of one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever seen.
- I finally understand in cosmic way, why I ended up in LA and will probably be calling this city my home for the rest of my life.
As for my New Year’s resolution, I promise to take better care of myself. That’s not easy, especially given that I am such high maintenance.
And for those of you who read my blog: Happy New Year! However, I don’t have any pithy little saying that sums up what I want for all of you because we are each unique individuals. And that’s just the way I like it.